Welcome to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival, the only event of its kind in the UK taking over the whole town of Kendal, on the edge of the Lake District, for a weekend. On his visit in 2013 internationally-renowned comic artist Joe Sacco said it was an “important moment in British comics”.
- A free Comics Clock Tower open Saturday and Sunday all day and full of independent creators, publishers and retailers representing a wide range of comics from around the world
- A ticketed events programme, bursting with opportunities to get up close and personal with some of the leading comic artists and writers from across the world – see them draw, talk about their work and bring comics to life in front of your eyes (which includes films, too)
- Free exhibitions and a free Windows on Comic Art Trail around town
- Workshops and masterclasses
- A free family zone with lots of drop-in activity for all ages and a series of fantastic workshops for kids and teenagers (ticketed)
- Pop-up comic art venues including a special bar with a twist
Plus a town celebrating comics for a whole weekend and offering a warm welcome comics-style.
Plan Your Visit
Read the independent Red Research Evaluation Report on the 2015 Festival, which note the weekend-long event attracted almost 14,000 people to Kendal and generated an estimated £1.7 million for the host town