This year the festival is even bigger and better than ever, with the best comic artists, writers and creators heading to the Lake District for a packed comic art weekend spectacular.
A world of comic art will be arriving in Kendal for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival, 12 – 14 October 2018
Kick-ass super heroes, future worlds, fantastical creatures, zombies, crime fighters, politics, satire, documentary, comedy, manga and much more. The world of comic art is a diverse and spectacular place, bursting with creations that transport us to other dimensions and stories that explore the world and our place within it.
The family-friendly festival takes over the scenic town of Kendal, on the edge of the Lake District, for a weekend of wonderful events, activities and workshops for all ages.
So, whether you’re a comic art addict, new to the world of comics or just love exceptional art and storytelling – head to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival this October.
The 2018 festival includes…
- – Live drawing from some of the biggest international comic artists
- – Talks, presentations and masterclasses – come and learn from the best
- – A comic marketplace – newly extended for 2018 with the big names and independent publishers
- – Comic signings with artists, writers and creators
- – A family-zone packed with activities for young, budding artists and comic art fans
- – Comic art exhibitions in our gallery spaces
- – International comic book launches – be the first to get your hands on the latest releases
- – Comic-themed films – the festival has three state-of-the-art cinema screens
- – Comic art trail throughout the town of Kendal
- – Evening entertainment, music, comedy and cabaret
- – Fantastic food with a fab selection of restaurants, cafés and pubs
... And it’s all happening in the glorious Lake District!
Guests already confirmed for LICAF 2018 include...
- Joe Kelly, American comic book writer, penciler and editor
- Mikiko Claire Ponczeck, German-Japanese comic book artist
- Orijit Sen, an Indian graphic artist and designer
- Robbie Morrison, best known for his work on 2000 AD
- Satoshi Kitamura, Japanese children's picture book author and illustrator
- Ian Rankin, Scottish crime writer, best known for his Inspector Rebus novels
Come and celebrate the best of comic art.
Join us in the Lakes!
Don’t miss out, book early and get your weekend festival pass.
All weekend and day pass holders receive an exclusive set of comic art postcards.
The festival is held at venues throughout the Brewery Arts Centre and across the town of Kendal. Please check online for location details and guidance regarding the accessibility of our venues.