Most of the latest episode of the Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast focuses on the team's recent trip to Oldham Comic Con 3, held on Saturday 11th May. Nikki Bates tabled on the day, while Ian went off interviewing a range of comic creators, including Oldham Comic Con organiser Dennis Whittle, plus 2000AD and Rok of the Reds artist Dan Cornwell, Kevin Enhart from Deadstar Publishing, 2000AD and The Immortal Hulk writer Al Ewing, 2000 AD artist David ‘Max’ Millgate, Asa Wheatley, Kat Willott and Sammy Ward, Phantom legend Keith Williams and Zenith artist Steve Yeowell.
The team had a great day - as Ian reports here on downthetubes - and intend to return next year.
Reviews this time out are for the recently-released Cannabis: An American History by Box Brown, published by SelfMadeHero, and Untitled Generic Space Comedy #1 by Matt Garvey, John McFarlane, Allison Hu and Rob Guillory (sneak peek here), plus Prey for Us by Matt Garvey and J Francis Totti. Tom Stewart also reviews Hello Dolly by John Tucker, and there's some team thoughts, too, on Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse and Detective Pikachu.
Finally, Ian and Nikki take a look at the newly announced exhibitors in the Comics Clock Tower at the Lakes International Comic Art Festival this year.
• Listen to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast Episode 52 right here on the Podcast web site
• Download the latest episode of the Podcast on Spreaker | iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeart Radio
• Check out Nikki’s new comic Leaf and buy your copy now
• The Lakes International Comic Art Festival is back in Kendal in the Lake District 11th – 13th October 2019: www.comicartfestival.com
• Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast: www.comicartpodcast.uk | Twitter: @comicartfestpod | Facebook: @ComicArtPodcast | Instagram: @ComicArtPodcast
Regular contributors to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast include Tom Stewart from That Comic Smell, Pete Taylor, and Mike Williams